This website, www.dentsgloves.com (the "Website") is operated by or on behalf of Dewhurst Dent plc ("Dewhurst Dent"), a UK company whose registered office is Furnax Lane, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 8PE and whose company registration number is 00161147.
Dewhurst Dent is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act"), the data controller is Dewhurst Dent.
In this Policy, when we refer to "you", we are referring to you, as the person or entity accessing, viewing and/or using the Website. Any reference to "we", "our", "us" etc is a reference to Dewhurst Dent
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- The information that we collect and which is voluntarily given by you via the Website or by email, including any personal details you type and submit for example your name, email address, postal address, date of birth and telephone number (and including any other information provided at the time of joining our mailing list, entering competitions or prize draws, and purchasing goods). If you ask us to deliver to another address we will hold all those details too.
- Details of goods purchased whilst using the Website and fulfilment of your orders.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or call.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, click-stream data, HTTP protocol elements, search terms, HTTP cookies, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- The information we collect via the Website may also include your IP address: this is the individual identification number that is assigned to your computer when it is connected to the Internet.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are not computer programs, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user's email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website. It is possible to opt out of cookies via your browser’s cookie settings, but if you do this you will not be able to shop from our website as the functions of the website are dependent on cookies. Please note that cookies are computer specific, so if you log on to any site from a different computer, the cookie settings on that computer will apply.
Most web browsers will provide the option to turn off, or disallow cookies. How you do this depends on the web browser you're using. Instructions for disallowing cookies can usually be found in the browser's 'Help' menu. Note that in common with most other transactional websites, refusing cookies via your web browser will mean that you are unable to make a transactional purchase on our websites. You will also find that the functionality of many other websites and services will be affected. Cookies can be deleted using your web browser. However, unless they are disallowed they will be re-applied the next time you visit a website.
For further information about managing and disabling cookies on your computer see www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
We only collect information we feel is essential for you to use the Website efficiently and to improve services for you, for example:
- for technical purposes essential to the effective operation of the Website;
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task;
- measuring how many people are using the Website, to ensure there is enough capacity for the Website to operate at a reasonable speed;
- completion and support of the current activity being undertaken by the user, for example previously viewed pages or products;
- monitoring the success of campaigns and competitions;
- website and system administration, for example, tracking the number of website users for marketing purposes;
- remembering pages viewed;
- monitoring your journey around the Website which helps us improve navigation and ease of access to popular pages; and
- remembering items you have saved to your bag on a previous visit to the Website, including where the browser has been closed and a new session has begun.
Types of cookies used
The Website uses the following types of cookie:
- Session cookie – this type of cookie allows websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session so that the website is able to store certain information whilst the user is browsing the website.
- Persistent cookie- this type of cookie is stored on a users' device in between browser sessions and allows the preferences or actions of the user across a site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered.
- Third party cookies – these are cookies that are not set by Dewhurst Dent but are instead set by a third party.
You can find more detailed information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Please note: there may be additional Cookies in use on the website that are not found in the cookie table above. These are provided by the website platform "Shopify" and can be seen in the Merchant Storefronts section here [https://www.shopify.com/uk/legal/cookies ]. These Cookies & Data Sharing are handled by Shopify's Privacy Consent API which is connected to the Cookie Management Platform used on the website.
The below companies may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.
You may choose to try and block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The information which we collect about you will be stored on our secure servers within the UK, with backup storage held on secure servers in Ireland (EU).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to administer the Website and to help you use the Website;
- to ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our goods and / or services;
- to process your payments;
- to keep records of purchases, sales or other transactions for the purpose of ensuring that the requisite payments and deliveries are made in respect of those transactions, and to make financial or management forecasts to assist us in conducting our business activities;
- to allow us to contact you in relation to campaigns and promotions and to monitor the success of such campaigns and promotions where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow us to contact you in relation to competitions, to process your entry to our competitions and to fulfil our obligation under the competition terms and conditions;
- for the purpose of advertising or marketing our business, our goods and promoting our public relations in connection with our business; and
- to carry out analysis of sales processed through the Website and specific products which have been frequently viewed on the Website for marketing and business development purposes.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please contact us using the contact details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose information about you to law enforcement officials in the investigation of any alleged unlawful activities by you. We may also be required to disclose information to a court or regulatory body when required to do so by law.
We may also share your information with our service providers (to help manage the Website and provide services, including but not limited to, marketing and processing online purchases) and with any person or organisation (and their advisers) who might take over the services provided by the Website to allow them to prepare for taking over (after that, we may also allow that person or organisation to use and share your information on the same basis as us).
You may ask us to stop sending you postal correspondence that we believe may be of interest to you by contacting us using the details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below.
Should you wish us to stop sending you email correspondence, please click 'unsubscribe' on the most recently received email.
Where you ask us to stop sending you correspondence through either our postal mailing list or our email mailing list we shall take reasonable steps to remove your details from both our postal and email mailing lists. However, in the event that you continue to receive correspondence through one of these mailing lists, please contact us using the contact details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of personal information that we hold about you. To do this, simply write to Dents, Furnax Lane, Warminster, Wiltshire BA12 8PT. Should we be prevented from disclosing your personal information, reasons will be given for the refusal. We may also request that you provide further information and identification to enable your request to be processed.
We will only keep your information as long as you remain an active customer and for 6 years afterwards or otherwise as required for our business operations or by law.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us using the contact details provided in the 'Contact Us' section below. We will thereafter correct any information found to be incorrect. You can find detailed information about your rights under the Data Protection legislation on the UK Information Commissioner's website: http://www.ico.org.uk/.
If you need to contact us for any reason regarding this policy, including the collection and / or use of your personal data, or as otherwise indicated in any section of this Policy, our contact details are as follows:
Address: Dents, Furnax Lane, Warminster, Wiltshire BA12 8PE
Telephone: +44 (0) 1985212291